Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Psalm 35:17-18

"Lord, how long will You look on? Rescue me from their destructions, My precious life from the lions. I will give You thanks in the great assembly; I will praise You among many people" Psalm 35:17-18

Who was that man who said to never question God? I would love to shake his hand and tell him he was wrong! One thing I do as a Pastor or teacher is ask questions. I ask them for a lot of various reasons. Sometimes it is for the purpose of causing others including myself to think.

David was not the first to question God. That distinction may go to Job. He asked the Father many times what he had done to receive such punishment. Eventually God answered. Moses questioned God. When the Almighty wanted to destroy the Jews and start a new nation with Moses as the seed, Moses stood before God and asked Him what the Egyptians would think! And God changed His mind. David was only one in a long line of those who interrogated the Lord of creation. He was followed by others, many others. They all received answers; not necessarily to their liking, but they received answers nonetheless.

What questions do you have for the Father? Could it be you ask like Job, "What have I done to deserve this?" Or, "Why did you let this happen?" It is alright to ask. We are not gods. We do not see tomorrow like it was yesterday. All we see is today. Only God can see the whole of the times of our lives. Perhaps you seek from Him direction; "Where should I go? Whom should I marry? Where should I live? What should I do with my life?" All are valid questions and where should we turn for direction but to the One who is wisdom personified? Yes, by all means, ask of the Father. Ask Him the tough questions. He doesn't mind at all. But, He may answer with a question of His own. You never know, do you? This, however, I do know. He will see to it that you have your answer before you really need it. He will reveal it to you just in time. Hallelujah, Amen and Amen.

No comments: