Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Psalm 147:7

"Sing to the LORD with thanksgiving; Sing praises on the harp to our God" Psalm 147:7

Doctor: "I have good news and I have bad news."

Patient: "Give it to me straight doctor."

Doctor: "First the bad news. You have a very serious, and deadly disease."

Patient: "Wow."

Doctor: "Now for the good news. I have just discovered the cure for that disease. You will be totally healed. You will be totally restored to perfect health in three days."

Patient: "Doctor, if you can do that, I will praise your name forever!"

Fiction, yes - in a way it is. We all brag on those who serve us well. I had a favorite waitress at a favorite restaurant. She is good. If I were the store manager, I would promote her to captain, trainer, and final authority in who serves and who departs my employ. She is that good. And, even though she has left that restaurant, I still sing her praises.

How much more important to sing God's praises. After all, He freed us from the burden of our sins. He gave us a second opportunity at life. He healed us from a serious terminal illness - Paul says all have sinned and fallen short of God's perfection. He continues, the wages of sin is death. In short, you sin, you die. But He has the cure - one drop of the blood of Jesus can cure the "disease" of sin. There is no pill, no tonic, no shot that can make us better. All the doctors in all the world can only join together to prolong this life. They have no authority, no ability to preserve us in the life to come. Only Jesus can do that! Don't you think we should sing His praise forever? Have you told anyone about your miracle worker today? Hallelujah, Amen and Amen.

No comments: