Monday, February 28, 2011

2 Cor 3:3

"Clearly you are an epistle of Christ, ministered by us, written not with ink but by the Spirit of the living God, not on tablets of stone but on tablets of flesh, that is, of the heart." 2 Cor 3:3

My life is an open book, so is yours. It's open because it is still being written. If your life is anything like mine, it will be pretty boring reading when it is finished, but it will be read. In all honesty, that last statement is probably not true. I think it will be boring reading, but if God is writing it, I'm sure it will be valuable reading to anyone who is led to read it.

The fact is, God is writing His message to the world, our world, upon our hearts. And this message is expressed in our daily lives. It may not seem like much to us, but every day the Father writes a new chapter and every chapter is different. For example, my daily routine was disrupted some time ago when I went to church (I was in charge of little church on an island). One of our sisters was sitting by herself. I knew her father was in bad shape in the hospital, not expected to live. I sat next to her and she began to cry. Suffice it to say that I was God's messenger for the moment, bringing a message of encouragement and hope. Not that her father would be healed, she's had plenty of that. This hope was that God was in control and that He was there to encourage her and help her through this struggle.

I can see that some of the past chapters of my life, dull though they were, were written for just this occasion. She read part of my book. I think it helped. She smiled on the way out the door after the service had ended.

Now I bring you hope. Those chapters, the boring ones, the hard ones, the sad ones, the happy ones... all of them, were written for a purpose. The lessons in them might be needed for such a time as you will have tomorrow or next week or next year. One thing I have learned about God, He is a master conservationist. Nothing goes to waste with Him. He uses all things for good, our good and His good. He wants to use you.

Be available. Amen and Amen.

No comments: