Thursday, April 22, 2010

2 Corinth 2:9-11

"For to this end I also wrote, that I might put you to the test, whether you are obedient in all things. Now whom you forgive anything, I also forgive. For if indeed I have forgiven anything, I have forgiven that one for your sakes in the presence of Christ, lest Satan should take advantage of us; for we are not ignorant of his devices" 2 Corinth 2:9-11

Friends, I think it was Saint Augustine who said that Satan is like a mad-dog on a long chain. He is powerless to harm us so long as we are outside of his reach (his domain), but once we enter his circle, we expose ourselves to injury and harm.

I picture him standing there, at the end of his leash, holding out enticing goodies (like chocolates, and not brussel sprouts) that he knows will interest us and bring us near or into his domain. His offerings will always appear to be good, they might even parallel your walk with the Lord, but in reality they will destroy some greater good, for which the Lord has been grooming you and your walk with the Lord.

Stay safe in the Lord, put on your full armor and constantly reply to the enemies attacks with the Word. Amen and Amen.

No comments: