Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Phil. 4:13

"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Phil. 4:13

One day Sister Teresa told her superiors, " I have three pennies and a dream from God to build an orphanage."

"Sister Teresa," her superiors said, "You cannot build an orphanage with three pennies. With three pennies you can't do anything."

"I know," she replied, "but with God AND three pennies, I can do anything."

When God gives us a task, He also will give us the resources to perform that task. It just doesn't always seem that way at the time. In the natural we might look in our purse and see only three pennies and become discouraged saying, "Well, I can't do what God wants me to do, I don't have the resources." But think for a moment about what you are saying. The one who gave you the task is the Creator of the Universe. He owns all the animals on the hills and forests of this world. He also owns the Hills and all the resources of the world.

Do you believe God to be a pauper? Do you think he really doesn't have the ability to bring to pass what he has commanded you to do? Do you believe God to be a tyrant? Do you think he will command you to do some thing, but then not provide you the materials with which to work? Is that the sort of God we serve?

Of course it isn't. If God gives you the task, he will also give you the wherewithal to complete the task. What we have to do is trust him and begin working on what he has for us to do.

Lord, remind me today that you will provide me with every thing I need to fulfill your will in my life. Amen and Amen.

No comments: