Friday, December 17, 2010

Psalm 103:11

"For as the heavens are high above the earth,So great is His mercy toward those who fear Him" Psalm 103:11

Here are some questions that require some deep thought. How huge is "huge"? How far is infinity? How deep is bottomless? How long is eternity? Where did God come from?

See what I mean? So I'll ask one more: "how great is God's loving kindness towards you and me?" How do you measure it? In pounds? Inches? Cubic feet? There is no measuring it. That's why the psalmist says "as high as the heavens are above the earth." Surely with modern science we can measure that! After all, we have the Hubble telescope. It can see farther than we have ever seen before. WRONG! While we thought that wonderful instrument might be able to see the end of the universe, it keeps finding something a little farther out! If the heavens are immeasurable - even today - God's grace and love towards us is even greater. Yet He applies it to you and me.

Have You ever felt God's love? I have. I've felt it when I fell so far that I thought no one could love me. I felt it in His forgiveness. Do you need a bit of His love? Go ahead, take it. It is free. It's renewed every day. It's unending. Take all you need. Take a little extra. There's plenty to go around. Take enough to share with a friend or a loved one. Go ahead. But don't hoard it. It will spoil like warm milk. God's love is intended to be spread around. Don't know that you could ever love someone in your life? Take some of God's love. It's powerful enough to overcome any amount of evil. Spread it unconditionally on the unlovely. You'll be surprised at how well it can make the ugly vanish!It's the original and only "vanishing cream"! Works every time! Hallelujah, Amen and Amen.

No comments: