Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Psalm 96:1-3

"Oh, sing to the LORD a new song! Sing to the LORD, all the earth. Sing to the LORD, bless His name; Proclaim the good news of His salvation from day to day. Declare His glory among the nations, His wonders among all peoples" Psalm 96:1-3

How do you know a person is happy - really happy? Music! They will be humming, singing, dancing, whistling. Music is the language of happiness. God wants us to be happy in Him. He wants us to sing to Him. Before you shout "I can't sing!", note that singing in some areas of the Psalms includes "make a joyful noise." Now that is something all of us can do!

Did you know that singing can be an evangelistic tool? Yes, haven't you ever had anyone respond to your "joyful noises" with "why are you so happy?" Respond with (and you can sing if you want):

"I'm so happy and here's the reason why, Jesus took my burdens all away! Now I'm singing as the days go by, Jesus took my burdens all away.

Once my soul was burdened by a load of sin, Jesus took my sin and gave me wonderful peace within! Now I'm singing as the days go by. Jesus took my burdens all away!"

That's a pretty good testimony, if you ask me. Guaranteed to bring a smile - and a few more questions - or a few "I knew he was crazy" stares, but the answer is true and the seeds are planted. Hallelujah, Amen and Amen.

No comments: