Thursday, October 28, 2010

Killing our own wounded

I am not trying to scold anyone by this message, but to teach the teachings of our Lord.

After a military battle, the victorious side will collect all the wounded soldiers of not only their side, but all also the enemy wounded. The enemy wounded will be treated same as their own wounded by the medical staff of the victorious side. However, Christians often shot their own wounded, let alone enemy soldiers. This is something that I never could understand.

I believe that Christ told us to help each other. I believe that He told us that should anyone do something as simple as giving a glass of water to a brother or sister, we are giving Him a glass of water. I believe that it is not love when one see a Christian Brother or Sister starving or in dire straits, and tell him to go and not extend any form of help, after all, Jesus told us that all we do is for others is the same as doing it for Him, whether it be visitation in prison, giving a glass of water, giving a person clothes when one is naked. I am sure that all of us remember the parable of the Good Samaritan that Jesus told us.

Recently I sent out private emails to certain brothers and sisters in Christ, some through private emails, and some through Facebook. In the emails I said I am not asking you for your money. I am asking for your prayers. I stated what my situation is. I do not get any money from any of my ministries. I have been out of work since January of this year. I owe rental for the month of October and need to pay the landlord 2 months rental, since November is fast coming up. I need to repay someone a sum of money (when I borrow the money I was given to understand that there will be job for me in September, however, the job never came through). I have to send money to the Philippines for my step-daughter, I have to give allowances for my step-son here in Hong Kong to go to school, buy food for Ruth as well as for ourselves. It is not a small sum of money that I need to survive the next few days, but not that big either. I know that our Heavenly Father will provide for us the sum of HK$27,000 that we are desperate in need of.

Out of all the emails I sent out, there were five replies, one from a sister in the United States giving me encouragement, one from another sister praying for us, three from pastors (one from the United States and one from Hong Kong) telling me that they are praying. I also had one response from a Christian brother here in Hong Kong, who did not respond through Facebook, but sent me a Tag through Tagged, telling me to exercise myself as a Christian. That was the one response that hurts.

I do not mind people not asking me for details, I do not mind that there was no one asking me whether they can help. I do not think that it is right to ignore the email, nor do I think that it is right to judge, as that response using Tagged seems to be, for after all, Christ told us to not judge. We need to take care of the beam in our eyes, before we take care of the spark in our Brother’s eyes. He also told us that whoever judges the same level of judgement will be use against that person

No comments: